Monday, November 2, 2009

Battery Park

So, last weeks assignment for my Photo Workshop Class was to take pictures of what ever I please :)! Great right, not so much, I had no idea what to do. However, I asked some locals and they steered me down the right path. I ended up taking a long peaceful trip down to Battery Park. Not to mention, it was a be-a-utiful day in the city.

Now in this class, we are going back to the basics which means FILM FILM FILM! But of course my digital camera had to come along for the ride lol. So, I spent all this time roaming around, deeply in thought about each frame, and what do u know my second roll of film did not get put in properly. And how about that, it was my favor roll too. So those pictures I just couldn't wait to see developed, will never be.

But hey, I didn't sit and cry about it, the next day I just went back. It was raining this day however. But I love the rain, so it didn't bother me. I went to the same place, retraced my step, reshot the pictures I could. But there were a few that just got away. The previous day when I got to the top of this abstract sculpture in Battery Park, there were a group a young people. Just relaxing, taking a breathe, breathing in "funny cigarettes" , very welcoming group of people. When I asked to shoot them they were extremely nice about it, very hard to come by these days in street photography. I really regret not shooting any in digital. They all wore black,there will be one shot I will never forget. They were in their natural positions, passing their choice of smoke and this girl with breathe-taking piercing eyes took a quick look at the camera. BOY oh BOY! Would that have been a gorgeous black and white print, all that black with the juxtaposition of her light eyes. May that frame never be forgotten lol :)

On the second day, my friend Matt and I stubbled upon the cutest thing, these toddlers and their garden. Their parents were kind enough to let us shoot them. Then we moseyed along to some kids playing hand ball. I got a nice portrait of one of them.

SO here go photo from both days:











































And of course I love my close ups :










1 comment:

  1. hahah look at me, i look so dumb, thanks for posting it lol!!

    ReplyDelete